The best seat in town can be yours! Learn more about becoming a Port Authority operator and apply today.
A career as an operator can be extremely rewarding. If you love working with people and enjoy taking on new challenges, consider joining our team.
What are the requirements to apply?
• A high school diploma or GED
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Valid PA driver's license
• No more than 3 points on your license
• No chargeable or at-fault accidents within the last 3 years
• No DUI within the last 3 years
• No license suspensions within the last 3 years
• Available for any or all shifts
•The ability to work out of any Allegheny County garage
Do I need to have a CDL license?
No, a CDL is not required to apply. If you qualify for operator training, you will obtain your CDL as part of the training program.
If you already have a CDL license, you will still need to go through the training program but you will not need to re-test for a CDL.
Want to join our team?
Port Authority is now accepting resumes of candidates interested in testing for bus operator positions.
The Journey to Becoming an Operator
Whether you have already applied to become an operator, or are considering applying, it helps to know what comes next.
Information and Testing Session
Review of Application for Employment
Getting the Job Offer
Working as an Operator
Port Authority values all of its employees and provides high-quality benefits, including:
• A pay progression policy
• Generous vacation, holidays and sick days
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Accident, sickness and life insurance
• Employee transit pass
• Credit union services
• Employee assistance programs
• Career opportunities
Need More Info?
If you'd like to learn more about becoming an operator, please contact us and a member of our Employment team will follow up as appropriate.
Please note: This form is for questions and more information only. If you are looking to apply to be an operator, click here.