Developer License Agreement
Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC) hereby grants you (Licensee) non-exclusive, limited and revocable rights to use, reproduce, and redistribute Transit Feed Data (Data) subject to the following Terms:
(1) By using Data, Licensee agrees to be bound by all of the Terms and Conditions set forth in this agreement.
(2) PAAC does not currently charge a license fee to download the Data. However, PAAC reserves the right to institute a license fee at any time to the extent permitted by law. In the event that PAAC would decide to charge such a license fee, it will provide Licensees with reasonable notice of its intent to do so.
(3) PAAC trademarks and copyrighted materials, including any confusingly similar variants, may not be used in association with Data unless approved by PAAC.
(4) Licensee agrees that only PAAC shall have the right to alter, maintain, enhance, terminate, or otherwise modify the Data. Licensee shall not change, tamper, dismantle, augment, misrepresent, or otherwise modify the Data. Licensee is only authorized to reproduce the Data accurately. This right shall include the right to modify the format or appearance of the Data for Licensee’s legitimate purposes and use.
(5) Licensee acknowledges and agrees that PAAC owns all right, title and interest, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, in and to the Data and that Licensee shall not acquire any right, title, or interest in or to the Data.
(6) The License granted hereunder does not include any right to sublicense. However, Licensee may also share the data with its duly authorized employees, agents and subcontractors, subjecting said parties to this Agreement and the Terms and Conditions contained herein. Licensor shall not be authorized to provide the Data to any other third party unless and until said third party reviews this Agreement and agrees to comply with it in full.
(7) All Data derivative versions prepared by the Licensee shall bear the following notice: “Reproduced with permission granted by Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC). The information has been provided by means of a nonexclusive, limited, and revocable license granted by PAAC. PAAC does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, or usefulness of any information. PAAC provides this information "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and assumes no responsibility for anyone's use of the information.”
(8) Upon request, Licensee shall demonstrate or otherwise make available to PAAC the means to view how Licensee is utilizing the Data, to the extent Licensee is extracting the Data and making it available to the public.
(9) Data is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis PAAC does not guarantee or represent that the Data will always be accurate, complete or current or that access to the Data will be uninterrupted. PAAC makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. PAAC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. PAAC and its employees, officers, directors and agents will not be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of Data including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
(10) Licensee acknowledges that PAAC periodically updates the Data, and Licensee will make all reasonable and good faith efforts to ensure that the Data it is utilizing is up to date.
(11) PAAC is not responsible or liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system, nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions arising out of your use of the Data.
(12) Under no circumstances shall PAAC be liable for any actions taken or omissions made from reliance on any information made available through PAAC’s Data, nor shall the PAAC liable for any other consequences from any such reliance.
(13) To the extent permitted by applicable law, by using PAAC Data, the user agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless PAAC, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees arising out of the Licensee’s or user’s use of the Data.
(14) PAAC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to alter or no longer provide the Data (or any part thereof), temporarily or permanently, with or without prior notice. Licensee agrees that PAAC will not be liable to Licensee for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Data or link to the Data.
(15) Nothing herein will be deemed to create any agency, partnership, or joint venture relationship between PAAC and Licensee. Neither PAAC nor Licensee will be deemed to be an employee or legal representative of the other. Licensee will not represent itself as PAAC or an agent or partner of PAAC or make any representations, warranties or guarantees to third parties with respect to the Data.
(16) This License Agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania shall be the sole and exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any claim, counterclaim, cross claim or suit arising from this License Agreement or Licensee’s use of the Data hereunder.
(17) The invalidity of any term or provision in this Agreement will not affect the validity of any other term or provision. Waiver by PAAC of strict performances of any provision of this Agreement will not be a waiver of or prejudice PAAC’s right to require strict performance of the same provision in the future or of any other provision of this Agreement.
(21) This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between PAAC and Licensee with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications, or agreements not specifically incorporated herein. PAAC reserves the right to modify or revoke this agreement at any time, without prior notice and with or without cause.
Download Google Transit Feed